Body Shop Estimator
31 January 2020
At BMW Park Lane we take great pride in our Aftersales business to ensure we continue to deliver the ultimate service.
We’re currently looking to hire a Body Shop Estimator to join our team at BMW's flagship Aftersales Centres. To provide internal and external customers with body estimates and repairs to their vehicle which exceeds the customer’s expectation. To take ownership for the customer’s vehicle whilst it is at the body shop and maintain communication with the customer at all times. To achieve an agreed level of quality, efficiency and profitability.
- Greet all customers at reception and agree on customer’s body shop requirements.
- Deal with customers in a courteous, efficient and considerate manner.
- Promote the sale of BMW Smart repairs and wheel refurbishment programme.
- To inspect damaged vehicles and assess full extent of damage sustained.
- To identify the correct prescribed repair method.
- Complete repair estimates and inform customers of approximate prices, competition times and method of payment.
- Take responsibility for customer vehicles, keys and workshop parking.
- To prepare computerised Audutex estimate and manual estimates and too accurately record these, maintaining up-to-date records of all estimates.
- To obtain authority from customers and insurance companies to proceed with repairs to vehicles and confirm cost of repair.
- Ensure that any amendment to repair work is authorised by the customer or insurance company.
- Monitor progress in the body shop to ensure promised delivery times are met and to ensure the right repair method is being undertaken.
- To manage and monitor daily progress in Smart repair and wheel refurbishment centre.
- Notify and obtain customer approval for additional work required.
- Present completed vehicle to customer personally, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Present invoices for payment providing explanation of charges and repairs undertaken.
- To ensure that all work (including warranty) is costed and invoiced on the day of completing the repairs, thereby at all time controlling work in progress
- Maintain a customer contact system.
- Maintain and improve personal Product and Technical knowledge through Information bulletins, magazines, etc. and attending training courses as agreed with body shop Manager.
- To approve work order and ensure times allotted are not exceeded and that additional work is recorded accurately.
- To instruct technicians concerning repair procedures and contact BMW technical department if necessary.
Experience and Skills:
- Full driving license.
- Customer handling experience.
- Motor industry experience.
- Body Shop experience.
- Audutex experience.
Customer Service Skills:
- Empathise with customers.
- Communicate information, clearly and simply.
- Qualify and Listen.
- Influence and persuade.
- Adapt to customer demands.
- Work to deadlines and targets.
- Work quickly and accurately.
- Attention to detail.
- Logical and systematic.
- Set priorities.
- Monitor progress.
Interpersonal and Team Skills:
- Develop customer relationships.
- Manage conflict.
- Work as a team member.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Positive attitude.
- Work under pressure.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org